Search This Blog

22.7.10

Nut Nightmare.


Another thing that surprised me was the number of people allergic to specific ingredients. I can assure you that not one population outside of the States is this allergic to food.

This large display of nuts is the nightmare of some of my friends (all American). I’ve never had to be this careful when preparing a meal for others (which can be bothersome), and this change made me think about the cause of this phenomenon. Beyond the quality, it is the food itself. What constitutes our plate?

Most of the products are processed with preservatives, additives, conservatives etc. In my opinion, allergies are a flagrant signal of our bodies’ rejection of these fake aliments. “Good” food is considered expensive but it is not necessarily true. Even so what price can one put on health? Buying a better quality of food can prevent from future diseases, thus saving money in the long run. Furthermore, if you are not willing to privilege your food, why would your food privilege you?

No comments:

Post a Comment